Information about upcoming virtual master classes will be posted soon.
- What virtual programs will you be offering this year?
- After a successful summer of virtual offerings in 2020, we are excited to continue to offer programming online as faculty availability permits. We will continue to update this page with the new programs, dates and format.
- What virtual programs did you offer in the past?
- Summer 2020, we piloted our first virtual pre-college programs. Students were able to enroll into a variety of Academic Immersion sessions, which consisted of 3-4 hours of intensive academic material in their subject of interest. Students could enroll in one or up to all programs. Additionally, students were given access to Northeastern specific programming including student panels and information sessions on different aspects of university life, as well as social programming.
- What is the cohort size of the virtual programs?
- Cohort size will vary depending on the virtual option. Workshops will typically have a smaller cohort of between 10-30 students to allow for focused faculty attention and to help moderate the more hands on learning process. Master Classes will typically have larger classes, engaging more students in these lecture style experiences.
- Who teaches the virtual programs?
- The programs will be led by Northeastern faculty and may be supported by other instructors, graduate students, or teaching assistants. Each program creates their own teaching structure to best fit the program.
- How do you apply for a virtual program?
- Applications vary depending on the type of virtual option. Workshops will require an abbreviated application, while a Master Class will be a registration form with no application.