COVID-19 Procedures for Summer 2021
Boston Campus Programs
Check back often as this page will be regularly updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the safety measures students and families can expect this summer for on-campus programs?
- Students and families can expect the following safety and wellness measures to be in place: testing program, social distancing and mask policies in accordance with the university’s campus-wide policies, density considerations in classrooms, as well as contact tracing for any positive cases.
- Is it a requirement for students to be tested before or during the program?
- Yes. The testing procedure, subject to change, is currently planned as the following: students must receive a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the program start time (programs begin Monday mornings at 9:00 a.m. EDT) and will be tested again on Monday and Thursday of the program.
- Is it a requirement for students to be vaccinated before the start of the program?
- No. Note that students who have been vaccinated will still need to adhere to surveillance testing procedures.
- Will the faculty and staff interacting with students be vaccinated before the start of the program?
- We expect that the large majority of faculty and staff will be vaccinated prior to the start of the program but we cannot guarantee this.
- What is the protocol if a student tests positive during the program?
- A student who tests positive during the program will need to leave campus immediately and return home to quarantine. The contact tracing team will work with the student to determine any necessary further steps regarding faculty, staff, and fellow students.
- COVID-19 Cancellation Policies
- In the case that programs are cancelled due to a rise in COVID-19 cases and concerns, students will be refunded. Faculty will design a virtual experience in the topic area that students will have the opportunity to join at a reduced program fee.